A place where people living with the Marfan syndrome can talk

Skip to content

Aorta runs down to tailbone? Weird feeling in tailbone AAA?

Talk about anything! (Except spam)

Aorta runs down to tailbone? Weird feeling in tailbone AAA?

Postby howcanthisbe on Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:00 pm

Hi,

I was wondering if a weird bubble type feeling or numbness in the tailbone could be a symptom of AAA? This started for me suddenly about 3 days ago and I have this weird almost bubble like feeling right where the crack of my butt starts.

When im sitting down I don't feel this strange sensation but when im sitting down and spread my legs wide open I feel it. Then when I stand up I feel it when going in the bending position or if I raise my leg up and cross it over my knee.

It's like a numbness feeling there. It almost feels too like a bubble is there and could pop. This is not on the skin its a sensation that is a bit deeper in my tailbone. So im wondering if this could be my aorta or not. Guess I need to see a doctor....just wondering what this could possibly be. Thanks
howcanthisbe

Re: Aorta runs down to tailbone? Weird feeling in tailbone A

Postby Degrassi on Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:01 pm

Sounds like it could be a symptom of Dural ectasia. It can cause tailbone pain and numbness, leg issues etc. Go see your doctor and ask for a MRI of your entire spine(head to tailbone) to get diagnosed, CT scans and xrays aren't as good.
><> ><> ><> Valerie <>< <>< <><
Degrassi

Re: Aorta runs down to tailbone? Weird feeling in tailbone A

Postby Marf on Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:56 am

Def sounds more like a DE symptom rather than an AAA. The aorta at the abdomen branches into the iliacs and femorals going into the legs.

Best of luck.
I used to be sorry I had no shoes, until I seen a man with no feet.
Marf

Return to Gen. discussion